Thursday, July 23, 2015

Tidying Up

I have been busy these past few months on various projects.  The chaos needs tamed and the clutter needs to be attacked and organized again. Yes, again.


I have this zipper bag full of bonus half square triangles that I have gotten from various projects I worked on in the past 18 months.  


It is amazing how many bonus half squares you can get just from one quilt!  I did two with lots of rectangles that had squares sewn at an angle on each end of the rectangle and I think I had over a thousand bonus HST’s from each.

I am currently working on another project making more bonus HST’s and I decided to trim and sew them as I do each block so I don’t end up with the plastic bag full of “stuff to do.” It just won’t go away by itself. The current project is Bonnie Hunter’s Boxy Stars. A free pattern on her website.


I didn’t have the energy to do pressing it was going to take to empty this bag and today I decided I just needed to get it done. 


Now I have a very full box of bonus half square triangles and I need to find another project to use them in.


I used a lot of them in the Stars over Challotte quilt I found in a Bonnie Hunter book.
  

I liked the zig zag of the setting triangles.  The dark fabric really lets the stars shine.


I also figured out how to make a bear paw block using the half squares as well and that is a pleasing manly quilt. I found the perfect fabric in my stash for the large square and had fun matching the four I needed for each paw.


I’m sure the mess will never go away but I feel better knowing I no longer have that bag of unpressed triangles looking at me.

I’m going to go outside and enjoy this perfect summer evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment