I made a New Year’s Resolution on January 1st, 2015, to finish tops I have that need to be quilted. I always seem to have something of my own in the tub to be quilted and I have a cupboard of rescued tops that sit there day after day looking pretty but never getting closer to being usable. Since I know I won’t stop making tops (but I CAN stop purchasing ones that someone else didn’t finish) and I want to see some good come of what I do for fun, I thought I’d challenge myself.
My goal was to do at least one of mine a week, rescue or tub, whatever moved me or whatever was easiest to get on the frame, and just get them DONE.
On March 31st I had 16 done! That was better than a weekly average of one! I may not get 52 tops quilted this year, I am quilting a lot of custom quilts this year and they make me too tired to think some weeks, but I have made progress I am happy with at this point in the year. I have had a week of vacation in that time frame and I did at least 3 during that time off.
The little quilts are crib quilts that get donated to local charities. My sister made 225 crib tops for me to quilt and donate. I am almost done with them. The larger quilts are going to grace the quilt room for inspiration. I sent 36 larger quilts to charitable organizations this year so I could get a fresh look in my studio. I know someone is enjoying the ones I sent on. I enjoyed looking at them for a while.
|offset log cabin inspired by customer quilt|
|rescue 9 patch|
|close up of quilting of quilt above|
|strippy jelly roll quilt done from a picture|
|The Rest of Bill's shirt. Quilt #2 that I made with this pattern. The first one was red and yellow and i called it Bill's Shirt because the white in the 9 patches was from Bill's shirt!|
|Stars over Shallot (Bonnie Hunter Design)|
|Bear Paw made from bonus half square blocks, my design|
|Whirly gig, my design|